is an example of a HTML
caption with a link
Lutheran Church of the Master began on December 11, 1960 with a vision to reach new residents in the rapidly growing Brooklyn Center/Brooklyn Park area with the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Pastor Paul and Carole Swedberg received a call from the Augustana Lutheran Church to begin this new mission outreach, and God immediately began to bless their efforts as the Holy Spirit moved through their ministry.
The property of our current location was first purchased in 1957 with construction beginning early in 1961 on our first building unit. That space was quickly outgrown as the congregation worshipped three times each Sunday morning and by 1966 a larger sanctuary and classrooms were constructed. In 1981 we added a gym, new kitchen and office space. By 1994 we had outgrown our space once again and purchased the apartment buildings to the east of the church, converting them into Sunday School and rooms for additional ministry.
God has richly blessed Church of the Master with a series of pastors who have been godly leaders, expanding and strengthening our ministry. The pastors who have served LCM are:
Pastor Paul Swedberg (SP) 1960-1989
Pastor Charles Jacobsen (AP) 1966-1973
Pastor John Peterson (AP) 1973-1987
Pastor Bob Cottingham (SP) 1987-1999
Pastor Karl Pishaw (AP) 1990-1999
Pastor Bud Bonn (Interim) 1999-2000
Pastor Todd Bullock (Interim) 1999-2001
Pastor Mark Hultquist (SP) 2000-2008
Pastor April Dietz (AP) 2008
Pastor Morris Vaagenes (LP) 2008-2011
Pastor Bud Bonn (Visitation) 2000-2014
Pastor Mark Marxhausen, 2011-2017.
The ministries of Church of the Master all reflect our vision to raise up and equip spiritually strong leaders who will impact our world with the Power of the Word of God and Presence of Jesus Christ. We invite you to join us in this incredible work of reaching our world in the Name of the Living God!
· Back to top